Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Façade department
As our new Senior Façade Engineer you will be part of and collaborate with the other façade designers (CAD technicians) and consultants within the team. Work closely with the project leaders and Head of Façade. Being able to work under pressure of tight submission deadlines and follow instructions of senior team members.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
· MSc or BSc in Structural Engineering
· Attend design team / site / job meetings to discuss progress/deadlines/detail design issues.
· Professional background as a façade consultant or working for a façade contractor in a similar role.
· Maintain working relationship with external and in-house consultants / other design team members and build relationships which may prosper in the future.
· Be familiar with agreed fees / scope of services / programme.
· Liaise and correspond day to day with design team / contractor.
· Supervise office filing system set-up and maintenance to office standard.
· Receive all project correspondence.
· Implement project QA policy
· Begin to take part in the development of company procedures (task groups etc).
· Applying policies relating to health & safety, quality and training
· Produce design philosophy.
· Produce drawings / calculations / specifications / schedules.
· Check drawings / review calculations from Graduate Engineers.
· Check and comment on documents submitted by contractors including preparation of comments list.
· Understand design philosophy / design fundamentals.
· Development of details.
· Production of calculations and expert level application of FEA software.
· Coordinate with architect/service engineer for information.
· Ensure project deadlines are met.
· Prepare thermal calculations.
· Carry out / assist with site inspections.
· Prepare site inspection reports.
· Assist with performance testing and prepare corresponding report.
· Maintain, expand and use the technical library and codes collection.
· Additional tasks as required by the nature of business, the circumstances or by the Associate Director / Associate.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Minimum 5 years experience with a façade contractor or a façade consultancy firm; Has a proven track record in design with different types of materials and façade systems, unitized system, stick system, metal and stone cladding, glass feature walls, cable tensioned glass walls, skylights; Experience with high rise construction and structural glass engineering.
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialize in creating more innovative, sustainable and livable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our livable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll has more than 1,500 experts working across 15 offices in the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa. We are present in Dubai, Doha, Saudi Arabia, Quarter, the United Arab Emirates, China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Our experts are applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.